Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

Memorial Day was lovely. It was full of family, friends, delicious food, and swimming!!! My parents made mini peperoni rolls, chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, and seafood pizza. For desert, we had ice cream and a patriotic cake, which homemade icing. Yummmm. We all went swimming. Apparently, making it in the pool by Memorial Day is something to be proud of. It's a great way to kick off the start of summer. Now I'm really looking forward to it a lot more then I was. I can't wait to visit home to do some swimming and enjoy the sun out on the deck! Our friends, Jessica and Aaron stopped over to take a dip, as well. I thought I'd share a few snapshots, mostly from around my parents backyard. I swear it's the prettiest, most magical looking place ever! Home, sweet home.

 These potted flowers are thee most gorgeous ones I've saw in a while.

 The pool.

 A patriotic cake, with homemade icing!

 More pretty flowers, growing on vines, on the side of the garage.

 Old Glory, hanging off the front porch.

 Lots of bird feeders for all the wildlife.

 Wind chime tree.

 Mother's Day present in the rock garden.

Fountain with water plants and a hanging candle in the garden.

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment