Friday, May 13, 2011

Where credit is due

So I guess I lost my momentum. That's okay. Every one need time away from the computer. I don't ever want this to become a chore so I'm not going to be so hard on myself when it comes to blogging. To be honest, though, it has been on my mind non-stop.

I had a busy day yesterday. I do work full time. This takes up a large chunk of my day. I typically wake up between 5 and 6 in the morning and usually get home from work sometime between 4 and 5 if I don't have any particular errands to run or anything taken care of that day! So I really only have few hours in the evening to enjoy before it's time to go to bed and do it all over again! I try to make dinner as much as possible and I do have a house full of critters (ferrets, bird, fishes, and newts) that need my time, attention, and love. Plus, a boyfriend who I want to spend time with!  Add in blog reading and housework.. I'm a pretty busy girl, if you ask me!

Yesterday, after work, I went to visit my parents. I also needed some clean laundry (I don't have a washer or dryer so I use my parents!). They made rigatoni's, my favorite! It was good, as always, hanging out with them. I went through some old clothes, shoes, and purses and decided on what to bring to my apartment to give another chance and what I what stored for now and what should be donated. It was tough! I didn't realize how sentimental a person can be with clothes!!

After getting home, around 8 or so, I had to do up some dishes. It's kind of almost embarrassing how many dirty dishes were stacked up! Oops. By time I did all that and had a seat, I was pretty beat! So by 10, I was headed to bed, without getting too much else done! BUT I had been brainstorming a simple post to squeeze in yesterday, but I quite didn't make it.

I was just going to stress how IMPORTANT the blogs are I have linked to my own blog! It is crazy how these strangers become a part of your daily life! I look up to them in so many ways and I am inspired by there positive attitudes and how much effort and love they put into completing there goals! It's truly amazing to see the outcome! And especially how much joy it can bring.


I specifically wanted to mention one blog: A Beautiful Mess by Elsie Flannigan (Or should I say Elsie Larson??) I've been following her blog extra close lately since her wedding is this weekend! Like I said, you almost feel like you create a bond with some one after sharing such personal experiences!


I came across Elsie's blog.. hmm.. maybe 2 years ago, if not longer. I'm not quite sure when. I believe it was one of those things I just "stumbled upon". From her blog, I was introduced into a whole unexplored world of blogging. A whole society of people with similar interests. It has really touched my life in a profound, yet quiet way that I am thankful for every day as I visit these blogs.




Elsie is 28. She started her own photography business as a teenager, worked for scrap booking company, and had 2 books published. She currently owns her own boutique called Red Velvet. She is literally living her dream!! She makes a wonderful role model. She has been called a true "creative hero". I have to agree 100%.


It just brings me so much hope to see what can be accomplished when you really put your whole self into it! Like the old saying goes "Give credit where credit is due" ..So thank you, Elsie!!! And James, Rachel, Kaylah, Katie, Elizabeth, and Emma!!!!  (And really SOOO many more that deserved to be recognized!!!) You will never know how much you touched my life and inspire me every day.

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment