Friday, July 29, 2011

Polaroid Week, July 2011

A week or so ago was 'Roid Week 2011, which is an entire week to celebrate instant film. I do not have a Polaroid camera but I do have an Instax mini so I was inspired to break out a new pack of film and snap a few.

I'm not very adventurous when it comes to instant film. Film is such a hassle to get since you have to order in online and plus, okay, I guess I am just spoiled by technology, BUT I know there is nothing in the world like instant film. It is very fascinating and very instantly satisfying! It was a nice reminder of this and felt good to pay respects to the classic.

I don't really know much about this 'Roid Week, as they call it. I'm still not very up to par on these little celebrations that happen throughout blogworld/internetland, but I'm working on it! I know there is a Flickr pool but I have no desire in joining Flickr. I would imagine that the fact that I was motivated to take the photos still counts as participating, right? I think I also over-read somewhere that there are several other weeks throughout the year celebrating instant film, so perhaps you will see more of this in the future and maybe in more of a timely manner!

I figured I better post this before July is over. How does that saying go... Better late than never? I don't intend to but I somehow seem to be living by this.

Without further ado, here are the 4 photos I took:






Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that both Lux and I are too white and reflective to take good photos! :)

I will share the film from my other two packs if I can find them somewhere on this machine!

In other news, since I'm talking camera talk, I did decide to go forth in buying a new, or well, more like a used, but new-to-me 55-200mm lens for Nixon. I had no such luck in finding a legit, safe, easy means to getting the one I owned fixed. So, since funds are not the best right now, my mother thankfully offered to give me a little I.O.U. to splurge on this since I will be needing it for upcoming event. While I was at it, I treated myself to a VR (vibration reduction) version of this lens. I DO, however, still intend to get my baby fixed and have a very sweet back up.

My mother said that a package was dropped off for me today. I'm guessing that's it! :) I can't wait to meet my new lens!

Happy Friday. Have a safe, happy weekend. Try to stay dry. I know it is storming and pouring here at the moment!

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment