Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cool concept blogs

Hello!

It's officially July.

Sorry for my absence yesterday! That has only been my second or possibly third day without blogging since I started. Guess what? I've surpassed 50 posts, too! Pretty cool. I'm a little proud. I know it's kind of silly but it's hard for me to stay motivated and interested in something for that amount of time. I do deserve to give myself a pat on the back for sticking with it and putting in the effort and dedication. I want to make it loud and clear that my life is far from perfect (not that I think I even make it out to be). Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for and I realize that, but I have hard times like everyone else. I have days that are full of negativity, where I would just rather stay in bed, but I do think blogging  helps me to stay more positive and focus on the good aspects of life. It's something you really need to train your mind to do. If anything, it is certainly a great escape from the daily grind.

Yesterday after work, I got to see my friend, Lauren. This is the first time we've ever got to actually get together and hang out. It was a very nice time. Unfortunately, no pictures. I picked her up and we had a really fun time thrifting. It's nice to have a thrifting buddy. :) Then I brought her over my apartment to meet all the critters. We laughed lots. I had a very good time.

Horray for turning potential friends into real friends!

I have a couple cool Tumblr sites I'd like to share that I've came across recently.

 
Objective:Take a picture of a picture from the past in the present. 





Objective: If your house was burning, what would you take with you? It's a conflict between what's practical, valuable and sentimental. What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condensed into one question. 


These two sites really get you thinking, huh? :)

Well, I have a pretty good post that I'm looking forward to sharing. Maybe it will be my treat to do so over the holiday weekend. I also have some more summer posts that I'm going to share.

Have a great long weekend. Hope you have plans to spend time with your friends and family like I do. I have a small get together in the works for Sunday night. I'm really excited to see a couple friends whom I don't get to see very often!

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment