Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Day Off

 Yesterday was my 75th post. I just realized that. :)

Today had it's ups and downs, but I did have a nice afternoon with Laura, watching her get her Sheba tattoo finally!! I had never been with anyone to see them get ink so it was something I wanted to be able to cross off the list. It was a pretty neat experience to watch. First of all, I really loved the shop. It was very easy on the eyes. It was a perfect mixture of things that I love (art, especially religious themed, skateboarding, and graffiti). They had a neat little gallery set up and tons of artwork everywhere else too. Jarrod Russell is a very talented artist. I love his paintings and his characters. It definitely inspired me to want to get back into painting. I actually really fully enjoy painting and I'm surprised at how much I like doing it. I don't know why I don't do it more often. He is so good that he whipped up Laura's tattoo in just a short time and it looked amazing and only needed a few tweaks. She seemed to be pretty nervous about the lack of preparation but I think she quickly realized that she could trust his work and judgement of what she wanted. It was so cool to see Sheba come to life again, in a sense. I adore that pup and I'm glad she will me immortalized on Laura's skin. She still has to go in for another session but this was a great start.











Afterwards, I brought Michael and I home lunch/dinner and we did some quick thrifting. We found some treasures. I really need to take some more photos of our finds. The junk just accumulates here so quickly that I don't even get pictures most the time!

Oh, I wanted to mention that I did send the link to the post about Jake to his mother and she wrote me back a very kind message:

"Oh Lindsey, that is so beautiful. You brought tears to my eyes, and to my husband's, but they were joyful tears about what you wrote and that you chose to share it with us. Now I have to ask permission to please, "May I please" print it and share with my Grandmother, Jake's Nonna? It might really help her, and know it did me. Just let me know if it would be okay. Love you, remember that, and Jacob loved you wholeheartedly."

What a sweet lady! This message makes my heart flutter. You can definitely tell where Jake got it from. :)

I did tell her I would be okay with her sharing it. I'm glad others can find peace of mind in the situation, as well. It really touches me that my words can touch and affects others like that. I'm still a little shy when it comes to sharing what I write but I knew Jake had a tight knit family similar to my own and that they would understand where I'm coming from and appreciate looking back on the memories.

Well, I'm not sure what the rest of my evening is looking like but I do know that I am so glad to have had the day off. Sometimes I just need a break from the daily grind. It was kind of a tease, though. I keep thinking it's Friday and tomorrow is Saturday, but that is not the case. I have one more day to have to be awoke by that godawful alarm. I think I can make it!

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment