Monday, June 6, 2011

Ode to Molly

I got a heavy heart tonight. It's been one of those days where it is nearly impossible to keep the negative out. I am really trying to push through it. I have hardly any patience and my blog wasn't really cooperating with me. I didn't intend to make this post yet. I've been working on it a little here and there so it's not perfect but I think you will get the big picture. My wandering mind has got me feeling like I should tell everyone just how much I appreciate them being a part of my life. So I want to introduce you to one of thee most important...


I have a very special friend named Molly. I met her when I was in 8th or 9th grade. The first occasion I really recall is having lunch together outside in the fall, where she had stuffed a bunch of dead leaves down her shirt and made me laugh. It was pretty much love at first sight. I'm kidding. I could go on and on with specific memories in this post, but no one would ever get it. Basically, we had the same friends, went to the same local shows to see our friends bands play, went to the same parties, and so on... so naturally, we became friends.

We had a ton of crazy and fun times throughout highschool and as teenagers. Sometimes I become incredibly nostalgic thinking back on these days. All in all, I gained one of my very best friends during this time in my life. She's practically like another sister to me. She's like family. I love her that much.





After graduating highschool, Molly went to Douglas Education Center for Tom Savini's Special Makeup Effects Program.These are just some examples of her projects and film work she has done.



 She makes toys, sculptures, figurines, dolls, molds and paints and makes prop alongside with special effects for film and television. She is excellent at what she does, obviously. I truly admire her work.



Here are two pieces of work I am lucky enough to own. I'm positive I have other sketches by her buried somewhere amidst all my other belongings that are very sentimental to me, but these two are some of my favorite items I own in my little apartment!

Molly eventually moved down South in search of more work. She lives in a cute little place with her lovely boyfriend, Cory (whom is also a very talented  special effects artists and musician.) I do miss her dearly, but I know she has much better opportunities and  lot of great things going for her down there.

Oh, and of course, I just gotta' mention, she has a sweet doggie named Bronson, but I have yet to meet him!


We've been fortunate enough to travel back and forth to visit each other a couple time since she's moved. It's a wonderful time seeing her and catching up. It's something I'll always look forward to.

Please take the time to visit her blog, Polyester Rash. There you can get a peak into her latest achievements, as well as, works in progress, and other amusing snippets and snapshots of her life.

Not only am I thankful to have a friend to just generally grow up with, but she's some one who I can share things with creatively. I admire her work and fully support anything she does and I'm sure she would do the same for me.


I love having a friendship that cannot be touched by distance or time. It's truly a special thing, in my opinion. I can't imagine not knowing this girl for the rest of my life. I'm blessed to have such a talented, inspiring friend in my lifetime.

Thank you, Molly. I love you. :)

xo, Linds

1 comment:

  1. Squee! I love you too! I never officially posted this on yo blog!

    ReplyDelete