Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Maestro

Hi!

Guess what?! Maestro was big little birdie and went to get his nails trimmed recently. It was his first time out of the house since he came home with us in February. It went smoothly. The lady at Your Pets was very nice with him and actually even had an easier time catching him then I had imagined. The ride there was a bit bumpy but he seemed pretty curious about the whole car ride. The weather was just right, too. Not too hot for my little birdie. I kind of wish I had a porch or a yard or someplace where he could go outside on these kind of days and listen to the other wild birds. His window view will have to do, though! He doesn't seem to mind. He is a happy bird as far as I can tell.


One of my favorite parts of my morning routine is waking Maestro up. He seems so lively and excited to be awake in the morning. It's truly admirable! He will usually start talking to me right away as I get him some fresh water and fruits. It seems like he takes a bath fairly often anymore, too! Besides his weekly cage cleaning and mandatory bath, he likes to splash around in his water dish. He gets all frisky and hops around and puffs all up. Not to mention his beeeeauuutiful voice. That bird is something else... I'm so glad I took the leap and went for getting a bird. He certainly brightens up my day. I hope the feelings are mutual. I love him!

Also, here's a quick hello from Hansie. We had a ferret sleepover this past weekend! I love when I get a good picture with these fuzzy little things because they're always moving so fast and up to something! It's a treat when they slow down to look at the camera! Besides, I hardly share pictures of myself on here either.

Michael, Laura, and I are headed to Fayette City for a ferret playdate this evening! Eleven ferrets + a baby raccoon + awesome people + pizza & soda = a good time!

Happy hump day!

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment