Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gucci


Today is a very sad day. This afternoon, my beta fish, Gucci, passed away. I noticed he was not looking too well yesterday evening. I don't know what happened. I suppose these things just happen. I know to many people, it's just a fish and they think I should just flush him and move on. I disagree with this. I still need to go through some sort of grieving process. I care deeply for my pets and regardless of how close you can actually become with a fish, it still hurts. It brings up a lot of serious emotions, thoughts, and feelings about losing the ones I love, people or animals. It is something that is truly out of your hands. It can happen at any time, without warning. It's something I find actually terrifying. I ponder about these types of things now more than I think I ever have. I guess I'm all grown up and have finally realized and even saw first hand how fragile life can be and how much a person can impact your life. It's a really hard subject to wrap my head around. It can be confusing and unfair and downright painful. What can you really do though? Stay strong, for yourself, and for those around you, and let the good memories and feelings continue to be shared and live on as time lets you reflect and heal. Most importantly, maybe, let every living thing around you know how much they mean to you and how special they are. I know, it's all easier said than done. There really is no good advice on this topic. Some of us probably understand more than others, but it's something that effects us all and it's simply just an aspect of life you most overcome or come to terms with. I apologize for the venting but I feel like it's crucial to let your emotions out and I wanted to let it be known about this wonderful pet I had the blessing of taking care of.. Gucci. I'm going to spend some time with some family this evening.

Take care, everyone and don't forget to take some time out of your busy day to count your blessings.

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment