Friday, June 17, 2011

Newt news


Since I have been posting an abundance of pet related posts, I wanted to share a little update on the newts.... Unfortunately, one of the newts I was watching went missing. I don't know how this happened. I thought their little tank was secure but they like climbing around much more than I realized. I'm a little upset and confused by the whole ordeal. As for the other newt, we decided it was time to let him go. It was fun watching them but I knew deep down that he deserved much more than a life inside a 5'' by 5'' tank. I know he was safe from all the dangers of the outside world, but it was only right to take him back to the environment he came from. A week or so ago Kelsey and I went on a little trip to Lick Hollow park. It's right near the base of the mountain here in town. We found a perfect little still pond with lots of rocks and water. I think he'll be happy to get back to a normal life. We said some heartfelt goodbyes but I think I did the right thing.

This evening Michael and I are having our friends Max and Paige over. I'm cooking dinner. It should be a nice time. :)

I WILL get the ferret photos uploaded this weekend! Happy Friday!

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment