Friday, August 19, 2011

Rise Above These Troubled Times


I saw this rainbow today. This is some kind of sign of hope, right? I'm not sure what is going on with me. I'm sort of stuck in some sort of rut. As much as I have truly, honestly, been busy this week, either from company or just needing some down time for myself, I really haven't had anything creatively stirring around in my head as far as blogging goes. Writer's block? Isn't that what they call it? The worst part is, I have so many lovely posts in the works, as drafts, just waiting to be shared. I just don't have the heart in me to put the finishing touches on them and share them with the world. I have to do  this thing with 100% passion or I'm not doing it at all.

I was reading a post just a short bit ago from another blogger, whom I admire, Delightfully Tacky. I am actually going to quote her on this because I can relate to her outlook on blogging.

"I don't want you guys to feel like I'm fishing for uplifting comments or "don't listen to those people, so many of us love you!" comments. I just want to be real with you guys. I don't live in some fairy land where my life consists of only making my Winne look cute while wearing flouncy dresses. I hope you don't think that. I can't pretend like I'm happy all the time and I'm so thrilled with everything about everything that is going on. It's just that you guys aren't listening in on the phone calls to my mom where I'm crying, or the late night text messages where I'm venting to Dan. But that's fine. The thing I like about my blog is that, for me at least, it's a place where I choose to be positive. I've chosen to keep this place a sanctuary for me. A place where I can escape from the pain, if necessary, and a place where I can rejoice in the good things in life. I feel like blogging offers that solace for a lot of people, especially because it also offers a community of like-minded people."

I guess I can just really respect how human people let themselves be sometimes My mind is just in a whirl wind on this subject and I'm not even sure if the connections are being made from one thought to the next.

I guess my point is that people and even things, in some cases, are so very multifaceted. There are pros and cons to everything, obviously. It would just perhaps be nice and if people weren't so quick with their words and they just took the time to appreciate things and be able to be a big enough person to be able to remove themselves from their own situations and take a look from another stand point and look deeper at all the components and be accepting of things.... for both the good AND for the bad!!!

I guess it's just one of those days. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment