Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day » 2012


So many sweet words about Mother's Day floating around Blogland already. What can I say that hasn't been said?

Well, first and foremost, just.... Happy Mother's Day.

I'm very thankful to have such a sweet, caring mother. She's done such a wonderful job raising me into the person I am and I couldn't thank her enough for everything she has taught me and everything she does for me. She's more than my mother, she's my best friend. My very, very best irreplaceable friend. I look forward to hearing her voice every day, even if it is just through the telephone. I've heard her tell me stories about her talking to her own mother on the phone, daily, while doing everyday activities like washing the dishes, and I can see how much she misses her and how she'd give anything to hear her voice again. With that being said, I'm going to cherish these times with every bit of my being because you never know when it will be gone. I love her beyond words. More than all the stars in the sky. More than all the dirt in the world. More than all the grains of sand on the beach. :)

 I feel like Mother's Day is even more than just that. Anyone who cares for others just like they are their own deserves a special pat on the back today, as well. I guess I say this because I work with kids on a daily basis and so many of them, sadly, don't even have mother figures in their own life. I know I hate my job, basically, most days, but I also know I'm an important caring adult in their life and there may, unfortunately, be very few of them in their lifetimes. I know I need to slow down every day and consider my impact on them because not all of us are so lucky.

If you read my blog, you know the majority of my posts are about my ferrets and you know that my pets are my world so I can't forget to mention a Happy Mother's Day to all the pet mom's. These little critters are like children of my own. My days revolve around them. As much responsibly as it is and as much as I just want to not care some days, that's an impossible thought. I'm blessed to have each and every one of these creatures in my life. They do love me and the depend on me. They know I'm there to take care of them and keep the safe and they are right. I'd do anything in my power and more to do so. I imagine this is much the same feeling a mother would have to their own children. Yes, it's an animal, but the bond is still there and still incredibly strong. You can't tell me otherwise. I can't begin to picture my life without them and I wouldn't want to.

So if your biggest priority in life is the happiness and health of some other living being... this day is for you. Enjoy it and know that you're loved and appreciated ever second of every day.

» Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment