Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Animal Heaven


We've been experiencing some incredibly tough times lately.

All three rats, Neil Young, Diddy Kong, and Depeche, passed on, in such a short period of time. Plus, the unexpected death of our cat, Kuddy Koo. On top of that, the raccoons are finally independent and free and out in the wold all by themselves.

These are some huge adjustments to get through and a lot of sadness, emptiness, and voids. Don't get me wrong, there are just as many sweet memories and special times.

Sometimes I've never wanted life to have a rewind button so bad..

Look at Depeche in that photo. I remember when he was that tiny.. tiny enough to fit into a little box to carry home from the pet shop in West Virginia. I held him on my lap and we listened to Depeche Mode all the way there and home in the station wagon. That's how he got his name.

Where does the time go? Why? It's a whirlwind of questions in my head.. a lot of questions that don't have real answers. Death really stirs up and scatters my brain.

I know, they are just "pets" and their life expectancy is not long, but to us, they are family and it doesn't make it any easier, even when you know it's coming.

You've just got to stay positive and have that thing called.. faith? And believe that they are in a better place and hopefully this place is full of happiness and good health.

It's a hard thing to put into words, but I try. If there is any thing I do know, it is that I hope when I pass, I can go to this animal heaven.. because I have so many wonderful critters waiting for me on the other side.

Sometimes it's hard to imagine anything better than that..

» Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment