Thursday, April 26, 2012

Happy Days




I'm pretty happy today. It's unusual for a Thursday but let me tell you why....

First of all, look at these photos of Ick. I took these a while back when I was home visiting with the ferrets. They really weren't too pumped at all about the ball pit like you'd think, but it did make for a super cute photo op.

I'm just glad to be home.. after a long day at work, with no break. Plus, it is Thursday, so that means, no children at work tomorrow because it's Friday. No children till Monday. I do love my weekends. Plus, coming home to these little furry critters.. all  5 of them. On top of that, Michael was off today so I got to see him earlier than 10PM. That's a good reason to be happy.

But... what is making me even happier this week? Well, Tuesday I found out that 2 of my favorite bands are stopping in the Pittsburgh area within the next few months.... The Bouncing Souls and Modest Mouse.

Of course, you know, The Bouncing Souls are my all time favorite but it's been a few years since I've saw them in my own city. It cannot compare to the shows in Jersey, I know that much, but it was be very convenient and I'm looking forward to it very much. I can't wait to check out their new record.

As for Modest Mouse, I've been pretty jealous for the last couple years over the fact that Michael got to see Modest Mouse before. I was beginning to think I'd never ever get to see them because they are constantly over seas or just playing here or there, never anywhere close.

So.. I got tickets to both this week and it's definitely something I'm pretty excited about. If you know me, you know how giddy concerts make me. This makes my summer.. no matter what other crappy situations are going on currently or are going to happen within the next few months.

I was seriously very close a couple times on splurging and buying tickets to see Modest Mouse in Atlantic City at some big festival. Going to Atlantic City, in general, is something that's been on my list of things to do, but I know deep down how much I loathe festival concerts and getting the time off work and the drive.. it just would have been a hassle all around.

I was also close at some point to buying tickets to see the Souls in Philly because I was going to withdraw of seeing them. In hindsight, I'm so glad I never got crazy and went through with purchasing tickets to either of these. This is so much better.

I would like to believe this is one of those  "everything happens for a reason" things but I'm not sure if I believe that. Though, sometimes it's nice to.

However, I know The Adicts are playing in Cleveland next month and I love The Adicts.. hands down, some of the best, most entertaining shows I've ever attended. Plus, the first time I saw them was also in Cleveland at Peabody's. Brings back so many good memories, but as for funds and time off work, I'm not sure sure the stars are completely aligned for me.

Not completely, but close.

I must mention, too, that Primus is coming back to Pittsburgh. It really hasn't been that long since I was fortunate enough to see them, but I think they are another band I could see time after time and never get enough. I haven't got tickets for that, but I think it is something I'd like to do. If not, I'm sure I'll kick myself for it when the day comes and I'm not there.

Oh, and Tim Barry is playing at the 31st Street Pub in Pittsburgh next week. I first saw him several years ago when he and The Gaslight Anthem opened up for The Souls in Pittsburgh. I fell completely in love and I haven't had the opportunity to see him again yet. I'm thinking this is something that need to happen and there isn't really any reason that it shouldn't.

One more thing, I was just reminded when I typed that, The Gaslight Anthem is coming out with a new record. In fact, I just read they are releasing the first single off of it very soon. That is also another new record I can't wait to hear! But you know what that means... new record calls for a tour. Let's cross our fingers that Pittsburgh is on their agenda!

Okay, so that is probably more than a few things to be happy about. Let me soak it all in.

» Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment