Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Urban Decay Photography: The Lumber Yard

Here's another little hidden gem in Brownsville. It appears to be a hot spot for skateboarders and artists. My favorite features of this structure? The large broken window panes. From inside, you can see the Lane Bane Bridge out the windows. It's also near railroad tracks and the river. Perfect location. The ceiling is starting to collapse, but it makes an awfully pretty skylight. In a section of the building, it is actually two stories. I've only ventured up the stairs once since I've been visiting. I especially love the large puddles of water that can constantly be found inside. The reflections make for gorgeous photographs. I don't really know much about the history of the Lumber Yard and how it has made it to the point in time, but I do know that it has aged beautifully.































xo, Linds

All photos on this post are copyright of Lindsey Evans.

No comments:

Post a Comment