Tuesday, November 8, 2011

50 Days Till Asbury Park, New Jersey

If my calculations are right, I think I'm already a day late on this post, but regardless, this is something I'm excited to share. So here it is.. Every December for the past three years, I set off on a little adventure to Asbury Park, New Jersey. It's like a week long vacation full of my favorite band and my favorite little run down town away from home. It's such a magical little place. I call it magical because you can tell this town was full of so much life in so many ways. Now it is long gone, but the people still hold on to their memories and still have faith that their town can be reborn. Jersey pride runs deep from what I see and hear. I can respect that because I've got some misunderstood hometown pride. Listening to The Bouncing Souls, The Gaslight Anthem, and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band is like hearing old, nostalgic tales of glory days. Not to mention, the ocean, and at this time of the year, it's all mine. There is rarely another soul in sight. Winter jackets and gloves and the sound of waves crashing on the coast; Not a better combination to me. I look forward to this every year. It's my favorite and well, the only tradition I've started for myself and kept up with so far. I work and save up for it, I plan it, and I make the journey every year. Seriously, rain, hail, sleet, and most definitely snow. It's worth it. Purely good times and beautiful photographic evidence of it! The countdown is on! :)











Look forward to more of these posts in the future!

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment