Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011; Digital Time Capsule

I have been following a handful of blogs for several years now, but I've only recently created my own blog.. only 8 short months ago. My goals and lists of accomplishments for the past year are no where near as grand as all the others I've been reading recently. However, I am still proud of what I was able to take from this blogging experience. My blog is like a digital time capsule. With only a few clicks, I can go back see what exactly was going on in these months of my life. It is not only great to just reminisce but I can visually see how I have grown over this period of time.

I made this blog with the intent to stay inspired and to document and share all the positive points in my life. Without a doubt, it has helped me to focus on the good. I also wanted to start my own blog to give me a reason to go out and take more photos and to fall in love with photography again. Also, this has been proven to work. I'm doubtful that most of these photos would have even existed otherwise. My blog has been a wonderful excuse for lots of events and adventures. From my blog, I've also picked up some forgotten knowledge of HTML and photo shop. Sometimes it is very tedious and frustrating but these are things I do actually find fun, in a healthy, challenging sort of way.

I'm very happy with the new perspective and artistic outlet my blog has gave me. I realize that it's not something I should be setting my expectations very high for but it's certainly something I feel I want to keep moving forward in and enjoying wholeheartedly.

With that being said, I'm really excited to start off the new year, but I just want to take a look back at a few moments captured in 2011, in my blogs first few months of life. It was hard to chose just one photo for each month, but I think this gives a pretty accurate depiction of what all my blog is about..

May


June


July

August

September

October

November

December

Let's hope that 2012 will look just as beautiful as 2011 did. :)

xo, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment