Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pinterest

Lately I've been so in love with my Pinterest. I know this site has been for quite some time and it is really getting its fair share of praise and popularity these days.. but I still stand behind it 100%. I don't always have the time, energy, or desire to blog. I've even been slacking on keeping up with my favorite blogs. I regret this deeply and I do still try my hardest because it's something I love and a huge part of my life. However, Pinterest is so unbelievably convenient, especially on my iPhone. I can pin now and look later when I need a pick me up or just to expand on an idea. When I go to my Pinterest page, it makes me so very happy to see a lovely hodge-podge of things that I love and that inspire so many creative feelings and thoughts.



I know I posted this quote somewhere on my blog in the past, but I'm going to post it again, because it's so very true;

“Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from - it’s where you take them to.”
-Jim Jarmusch


» Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment